Saturday, September 02, 2006

Rain Rain (and Loud Neighbors) Go Away...

Rainy Saturdays are just lame. Rainy Sundays? Now that's okay. After all, Sundays are meant for lazing about inside, or perhaps a movie. But Saturday? That's a day that should be reserved for outdoor activity, seeing friends, and going out. Bleh.

Anyhow, this morning, I had the pleasure (or displeasure) of waking up not once, not twice, but THREE times. First at 6am, then 10am, then finally I rolled out of bed around 11:45am. Now, the thing that's interesting about this is the method by which I was woken up the first two times. That is, my neighbors. Who were having sex. Loudly.

The back of my apartment features a nice little "porch" or fire escape area, just big enough to have a few people sit outside and smoke cigars (or what have you). This general rear area of my apartment building is basically a long, narrow alleyway, made of brick and concrete. These conditions make it really, really easy to hear what's going on outside and, in this case, in the surrounding apartments (if their windows are open).

Apparently, my neighbors were feeling rather randy early this morning. Maybe the sunrise gave "rise" to something else? Who knows. Who cares. The fact is, it did, they did, and I was awake way too early.

Grumpily yours,

-e

No comments: