Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Subway Etiquette - Stair Stopper

Dear people of NYC (Or anyone planning on visiting NYC and using the subway),

DO NOT STOP* on, around, near, at the top of, or at the bottom of the stairs in the subway! People are trying to get the train and it's really quite annoying when you miss a train by that much because some chump decided that the last stair step would be a good place to stop and check your iPod... It's also frustrates me to no end when I'm trying to get OUT of the subway station and can't because someone can't figure out which way is east and decided that the very top of the narrow-ass stairway was a GREAT place to stop and look around, despite the 15 people tromping up the stairs behind him/me.

*Unless you are injured or disabled in some manner, in which case you may stop. I may be angry, but I'm not heartless...

Thank you.

-e

4 comments:

laura said...

I hate these people.

Goose said...

word.

Ryan (LWM) said...

Thanks for following LWM. I like the subway thing...people with illogical and inconsistent approaches to pedestrian traffic etiquette. Hmmm...we might have to talk about that on LWM.

panner80 said...

ditto. i also hate when you're getting off an escalator, and people decide to stop right when they get off it. MOVE TO THE SIDE, PEOPLE!!! unless you like being trampled.