Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Weird Al Gets His

It's about freaking time! Weird Al has entertained millions of us with his ridiculous, yet oftentimes quite clever, parodies of all our favorite hits. I remember listening to my casette tape of "Weird Al Yankovic In 3-D" over and over again ("King of Suede"? I mean, c'mon! So awesome!). I loved the idea of getting "Stuck In A Closet with Vanna White," I thought twice about medicine when "Like a Surgeon" came out, and I certainly won't ever forget the amazing video for "Fat."

I could go on, but really, we all know he's great. And he's FINALLY hit the top 10! According to CNN.com:

"Weird Al" Yankovic's new album, "Straight Outta Lynwood," has scored the enduring song parodist his biggest chart successes in a career that spans nearly three decades. "Lynwood," Yankovic's 12th album, debuted this month at No. 10 on the Billboard 200, his first top 10 album ever. Meanwhile, the Chamillionaire parody "White and Nerdy," reached No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100, besting his previous high of No. 12 with "Eat It" in 1984.


It's about freaking time! This man is a genius, ladies and gentlemen. With lyrics like:

My MySpace page is all totally pimped out
Got people beggin' for my top eight spaces
Yo, I know pi to a thousand places
Ain't got no grills but I still wear braces

...you can't deny him! So let's give him his props. You can start by downloading this song:

Don't Download This Song

Cheers,

-e

No comments: